"...and even if the wars didn't keep coming like glaciers, there would still be plain old death." -Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter-House-Five
- February 2014: I am very pleased to announce that I am joining the outstanding collection of authors of the Alternative Criminology Series of New York University Press.
- November 2013: I have a new article with Don Kurtz (KSU) at Critical Criminology you can find it here: Beyond the Ghetto.
- October 2013: I am pleased to announce I am joining the Crime, Media, Culture, editorial team as the North American Book Review Editor.
- September 2013: This year 8 of us made the journey to Terre Haute, Indiana to attend the International Crime Media and Popular Culture Studies Conference.
- May 2013: I presented "The Walking Dead and the Killing State" at the annual meetings of the Cultural Studies Association in Chicago, Ill.
- March 2013: The British Journal of Criminology just published (online first) "With Scenes of Blood and Pain" a collaboration between Laura Hanson--Kent UK, Sue Williams-- the Kansas State University and I. You can find it here: BJC PUB.
- January 2013: Tyler Wall and I have a new publication online at Theoretical Criminology. ‘This is your face on meth’: The punitive spectacle of ‘white trash’ in the rural war on drugs.
- November 2012: As always, a whirlwind of presentations at the annual ASC meetings. This time around, I had a hand in three papers and a couple very productive round tables.
- September 2012: Several ODU graduate students and I just returned from the 4th International Crime, Media & Popular Culture Studies Conference at Indiana State University, where we presented several papers and took in many other wonderful presentations.